FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Is Matt my MP?

You can easily check by using the link below. All you need to do is type your home postcode into the relevant box.

Can Matt help me if he is not my MP?

No, even if the problem you experienced happened in the Boston and Skegness area. Very strict rules dictate that MPs can only offer assistance to people who live in or own businesses that are located in the constituency they represent. The FindYourMP tool will provide details for your MP and you should then make contact with him or her.

What does an MP do?

As an MP Matt represents you, his constituents, in Parliament.  Matt can help in any matter relating to central government. He debates and votes on legislation before the House.

How can I invite Matt to an event I am organising?

Matt is very supportive of events taking place in his constituency. If you would like to invite him to your event please allow plenty of notice and email the invitation to or you can fill out the contact form on this web page here.

I have a problem who should I contact?

Matt is happy to assist his constituents with issues they may face. Many people contact their MP when they feel they have exhausted all other options.

If you feel that your problem concerns the council (e.g. schools, dustbins, housing, road repairs, public realm or public toilets) rather than central government, then you may wish to contact your local councillor in the first place as they will be best placed to help you. You can find out who your councillor is by visiting and entering your postcode. Matt is very willing to assist with these matters also.

To ensure there are no delays, if you are concerned about a possible criminal activity please contact the police on either 999 for emergencies or 101 for non-emergencies. Or if you are worried about a child or vulnerable adult please contact Social Services directly on 01522 782155.

You can, of course, contact Matt about issues relating to the above services, if you are still not happy with the service you have received, or if you would like to notify him of the issue or response you have been given.

Can I get work experience in Matt’s office?

Matt will always consider requests for short periods of work experience from constituents. The decision to accept or decline requests will depend on the current schedules as Matt feels it is important to make sure that any work experience offered is worthwhile. Priority will be given to constituents. If you are interested, please contact Matt’s office at least two months in advance and remember that most schools and colleges require students to carry out work experience at similar times and so we may have received numerous requests for the week you need.

Key contact details

Government Services

Boston Borough Council

  • Telephone: 01205 314200 / 01205 362151 (Out of hours / emergency)
  • Fax: 01205 364604
  • Address: Boston Borough Council, Municipal Buildings, West Street, Boston, PE21 8QR
  • Email:

East Lindsey District Council

  • Telephone: 01507 601111
  • Fax: 01507 600206
  • Address: East Lindsey District Council, Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Louth, LN11 8UP
  • Email:

Lincolnshire County Council

  • Write to them: Customer Service Centre, Serco on behalf of Lincs County Council, Thomas Parker House, 13/14 Silver Street, Lincoln, LN2 1DY
  • Telephone: 01522 522222
  • Email (non-social care enquiries):
  • Email (social care enquiries):

Lincolnshire County Council Services

  • Adult Care Services Social care services for adults (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782155
    • For out-of-hours emergencies: 01522 782333
  • Children’s Care Services Social care services for children (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 78211
    • For out-of-hours emergencies: 01522 782333
  • Blue Badges Information about parking concessions available in Lincolnshire. (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782232
  • Customer Feedback For Lincolnshire development, Freedom of Information, compliments, comments and complaints. (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782060
  • Subject Access Request Access to personal information held by Lincolnshire County Council.
    • 01522 554011
  • Cultural Services Information on museums, heritage attractions and archives (9am-5pm Monday to Sunday)
    • 01522 782040
  • Education The first point of contact for educational services for children 4 to 18 years of age. (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782030
  • Family Information Service Advice and information for pre-school placements, childminders and nurseries. (8am – 6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 0800 1951 635
  • Fostering and Adoption enquiry line The first point of contact for customers enquiring into fostering or adoption. (8am-6pm from Monday to Friday)
    • 0800 093 3099
  • Highways and Planning Enquiries about roads, footpaths, street lighting, recycling and environmental services. (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782070
  • Highways and Planning – Emergencies To report a Highways emergency outside of the hours 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, contact Lincolnshire Police on:
    • 101
  • Lead Local Flooding number To report instances of surface water flooding in the county.
    • 01522 782082
  • Libraries Dealing with book renewals and reservations, PC booking and other enquiries. (9am-5pm Monday to Sunday)
    • 01522 782010
  • Lincolnshire Community Assistance To help people going through unexpected difficulties and who need urgent assistance.(8:30am-4:30pm Mon-Thurs 8:30am-4pm Fri)
    • 01522 716040
  • Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership Provides bookings and advice regarding the National Speed Awareness Course. (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782068
  • Minicom: Point of access for those with hearing impairments. (9am-6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 552055
  • Registrations and Celebratory Services Registration of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships. (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782244
  • Tourism Development Provides information about tourism in Lincolnshire. (9am-5pm Monday to Sunday)
    • 01522 782332
  • Wellbeing Service Helping people aged 18 and above to live independently (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 782140
  • Public Health Offering advice to residents and information about other health providers (9am-5pm Monday to Friday)
    • 01522 553729